Saturday, June 25, 2011

Hungry?? Flip through a cook book!

Around lunch time the other day I was feeling pretty hungry. Too bad it was time to go get groceries so there wasn't much in the refrigerator yet. There were eggs so I thought maybe I will boil a couple eggs or just have scrambled eggs. That sounded boring to me, though, so I decided to look in the cook book to see if it would give me any other ideas of something I could make with the eggs. However, I ended up finding a lunch meal that you make with hotdogs. I love hotdogs so this definitely caught my attention! The recipe that I found was for a Hot Dog Roll-up from an old version of the Betty Crocker cookbook. You probably are thinking I am talking about Pigs-In-A-Blanket. They are a delicious food but if this is what you think a Ho Dog Roll-up is then you would be wrong! Instead, it is a hot dog with a mixture of mayannaise, onion, pickle relish, and mustard on top of it and wrapped together in a slice of white bread. Here is how to make it.
What You Will Need
(serves 8)
8    Frankfurters
8    Slices whie sandwhich bread
1/4 cup mayannaise or salad dressing
2    Tablespoons finely chopped onion
2    Tablespoons pickle relish
1    Tablespoon prepared mustard
1/4 cup margarine or butter, melted
You Will Also Need...
- a bowl
- spoon and knife
- 13x9x2 inch baking pan
- wooden tooth picks
- teaspoons
-1/4 measuring cup

Place the frankfurter in the center of each slice of bread. Mix mayonnaise, onion, relish, and mustard. Spoon about 2 teaspoons mayannaise mixture over each frankfurter. Bring sides of bread up over frankfurter; secure with wooden tooth picks. Place roll-ups, seam sides down, in ungreased rectangular baking dish, 13x9x2 inches. Brush each with margarine. Bake uncovered in 350 degree oven until hot and golden brown, about 20 minutes.



This recipe will make 8 sandwhiches and there are about 335 calories per sandwich. Now it might sound gross but give this recipe a try before you toss it in the trash. I wasn't sure what I thought about it when I first found it in the Betty Crocker cook book; but after trying it, I love it and wouldn't hesitate to make it again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment